How to Make Holiday Dog Biscuits
As the holidays approach, don’t forget to whip up some festive treats for your dog. Follow the steps below to make dog biscuits that will make your pooch do a happy dance.
What you will need
- 1½ cups of warm water
- 1 cup of oats
- 1/3 cup of margarine
- 1 teaspoon of beef bouillon
- ¾ cup of powdered milk
- ¾ cup of cornmeal
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 cups of whole wheat flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large mixing bowl, pour hot water over oats, margarine and bouillon. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in powdered milk, cornmeal and egg. Slowly stir in the flour to form a stiff dough. Add more flour if needed.
2. Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and knead for 3 to 5 minutes. Roll dough to ½-inch thickness.
3. Cut into desired shapes and place on a greased baking sheet.
4. Bake for approximately 15 minutes and cool on a rack before serving.
To maximize freshness, be sure to store the biscuits in an airtight container.
Feed one per day as a treat.