- SPONSOR: The Cesar Pawtners in Crime Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Mars
Petcare US, Inc., 315 Cool Springs Blvd, Franklin, TN 37067 (“Sponsor”).
- ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Sweepstakes, you must, as of the start of the Sweepstakes Period
(defined below), (i) be a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, (ii) age 18 or
over; and (iii) have an Instagram account in good standing and Internet access. In addition, in order to be
eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes, you must have owned a dog as of June 1, 2016. Individuals who did
not own a dog prior to June 1, 2016, or otherwise fail to meet the eligibility criteria outlined herein, are
not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its advertising and
promotion agencies, and its respective parent companies, affiliates, franchisees, subsidiaries and agencies, and
their immediate families (parents, siblings, children and spouses of each, regardless of where they live) and
members of the households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors, are ineligible to
participate in this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and
is void where prohibited. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, approved or administered by, or
associated with, Instagram.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Entries must be submitted between 12 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 11, 2016 and 11:59:59 PM on September 5, 2016 ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer, or that of its designee, shall
serve as the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, entrants must do the following to enter:
- Allow your Instagram posts to be visible to the public by going to your Instagram profile, clicking on “Edit Your
Profile,” and ensuring that the “Posts are Private” button at the bottom of the screen is turned off. Due to the
way Instagram operate its services, entries from Instagram users with "protected" accounts (i.e., entrant has set
his/her account so that only people the entrant has approved can view his or her updates) may not be received;
- Post a photo or video on Instagram of yourself with your dog making a reasonable attempt to perform one of the following
10 Pawtners in Crime (“PIC”) challenges:
- The Perfect Selfie [Photo]: PICs love selfies. Take a selfie with your dog and share it on Instagram.
Come on, we know you’re taking a million photos, anyways.
- Practice Doga [Photo or Video]: Clear your mind, and stretch your legs. All six of them. Do a session of Doga (Dog-Yoga)
with your pup. Put on some relaxing tunes and find your center. Your PIC should be especially good at downward dog.
- Twin Day [Photo]: They say dogs look like their owners. Now let’s prove it’s true. Wear the exact same
outfit as your pup, all day. Ripped jean vests? Members-Only Jackets? Flannel shirts? Whatever your style, sport it PIC
style, and take a pic to prove it.
- Awkward PIC Photoshoot [Photo]: You love your PIC. Now you can prove it with an awkward family photo-inspired
photo shoot. Match all of our goofy, fun poses, and share your PIC love with the world.
- Cooking for Two [Photo]: Dinner time! Tonight, you and your dog can have the same thing. Cook up the human
version of a Home Delights meal. Hearty chicken and noodle, pot roast, beef stew. Cook for yourself, and then enjoy the meal together.
- Give Back [Photo]: Who’s a good dog? Yours. Nothing feels better than giving back. Your dog loves his toys, but he no doubt has a few more than necessary. Donate a couple of your dog’s toys to your local shelter. Snap a pic as proof.
- Show Us Your Skills [Video]: Does your dog have skills? Can he do a high five? Stand up on his hind legs? Show us his best. If he can’t do a trick, now is the perfect time to learn. Get teaching.
- Workout Video [Photo or Video]: PICs need a lot of exercise, and everyone knows it’s more fun to do things together. And we don’t mean just going on a run. Work out WITH your dog. Put him on your back and do a set of push-ups. Do arm curls with your canine, in your arms. Make a quick workout video showing your favorite set, and share it.
- Dog Praising [Photo]: PICs don’t shame. They praise. Turn Dog Shaming on its head and put a sign on your dog that tells the world something they’ve done that you loved.
- Hyperlapse Dog Walk [Video]: Take us along for a ride as you take your dog on a nice long walk. Take a hyperlapse video of you and your dog on a brand new route. From the beach, to the park, or simply down the street, share the full video of your walk with us on Instagram. It’s like we were there.
- Include both of the following hashtags, #PawtnersinCrime and #Sweepstakes, and either tag or mention the Cesar Instagram handle (@CesarCuisine).
NOTE: Entrants are limited to one (1) entry per person, but may upload as many Sweepstakes posts as they wish. Uploading additional posts will not increase your chances of winning. Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible. Entries must also comply with the “Entry Requirements” described below. Any use of automated, robotic, macro, programmed or similar quick-entry programs, or attempts to exceed the maximum number of entries permitted, is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In case of dispute, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
As further described below, each entrant warrants and represents that (i) the entry will not infringe the rights of any third party and (ii) that the entrant has not and will not take any action that interferes with the rights granted to Sponsor under these Official Rules.
If an entrant enters this Sweepstakes on his/her mobile device, message and data rates may apply. Entrants should consult their wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans. Entrants should review their mobile device’s capabilities for specific app instructions.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Each entrant must have approval from any persons appearing in the entry and the entrant must be able to provide express written consent of every such person appearing in the entry (or if such person is under 13 years old, then express written consent of the child’s parent/guardian) to Sponsor and/or its designee if requested. Each entry must be entirely the original work of the entrant (not copied, adapted, or reproduced from any other source and not a collaboration with any other person) and must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including copyright infringement, or legal or moral rights of any third party, living or deceased (e.g., names, logos, symbols, slogans, submissions that belong to others, Entries of other people, quotes from other people, or parodies of other people). In addition, ineligible entries include entries that fail to comply with these Official Rules, as well as those that are, in whole or in part, unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, hateful, embarrassing to another person or entity, deceptive, obscene, tortious, contain racial slurs, depict unsafe, abusive, or violent behavior toward animals or other people, contain explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts, or are not within the spirit of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (“Entry Requirements”).
- SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF THE PRIZE WINNER: Sponsor or its designee will conduct a random drawing within approximately twenty-four (24) hours of the end of the Sweepstakes Period to select one (1) potential winner from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Following the drawing, the potential winner will first be notified using a private message via Instagram and subsequently must submit a mailing or email address to receive prizes as instructed by Sponsor. If a potential winner does not submit a mailing or email address as instructed within a twenty-four (24) hour period from when the notification is sent then such person may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected via a random drawing, if time permits. NOTE: Potential winner is subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete
- PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): One (1) grand prize winner will receive: a trip for two (winner and one guest), plus one dog, to the Inn by the Sea Resort on Cape Elizabeth Maine, including a two-night stay (ARV: $1,000), roundtrip airfare (ARV: $2,000), and a pre-paid VISA gift card valued at $500 for use toward the cost of ground transportation. The aggregate retail value of the prize is $5,038.25). Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prize is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if the prize or any portion of the prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. Actual retail value of prize or prize components may differ from stated ARV and Sponsor will not award any difference between actual value and ARV. Actual prize may differ from any promotional images. Prize winner is responsible for all federal, state, or local taxes associated with prize acceptance. Use of a Visa gift card is subject to all terms and conditions available at: http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/prepaid/using-gift-cards.html. Visa gift cards that are lost, stolen, defaced or used without permission will not be replaced.
Except where prohibited by law, potential winner must complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) in accordance with the instructions listed in the prize notification correspondence. If potential winner fails to provide the Affidavit within the required period of time, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify potential winner and select an alternate potential winner. Non-compliance with these Official Rules, failure to return all required documentation by the stated deadline or Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential winner, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to decline to permit the winner to travel with his or her dog and/or to require reasonable evaluation of the dog’s fitness and suitability for travel before awarding the prize.
- PRIZE TERMS: All details related to the prize, including travel details such as, but not limited to, dates of departure and return, and departure and destination airports, will be within the sole discretion of Sponsor and are subject to availability. Blackout dates may apply to travel schedule. Prize will be forfeited if winner is unable to travel during designated time period. Prize winner will be solely responsible for booking travel, including travel accommodations for winner’s dog, through Sponsor’s agent and for any fees in excess of the prize awarded. Trip must be booked by September 30, 2016 and all travel must be completed by September 30, 2017. All airline tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents, including a valid passport and any documents or other requirements for travelling with a dog, including any requirements imposed by the air carriers. Winner must comply with any applicable hotel check-in requirements, such as presentation of a major credit card. Room taxes and other hotel fees may not be included and if applicable may be payable at the time of check-out by the winner or guest. All expenses and incidental travel costs, which may include, but not be limited to, ground transportation in excess of $500, gratuities, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses not specifically stated as being included in the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Sponsor.
Winner’s guest must be at least 18 years of age of older unless the winner is the parent or legal guardian of the guest. Sponsor reserves the right to verify guest’s eligibility for travel under these Rules. Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary. The guest, or the guest’s parent or legal guardian if a minor (i.e., the winner), must sign a Liability and Publicity Release in order to travel with the winner. Failure to return the guest’s Release within the time required by Sponsor may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result of forfeiture of entire prize package.
In the event the winner, guest, or winner’s dog, engage in behavior that, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that may annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip early, in whole or in part, and send the winner and guest home with no further compensation. The restrictions and conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions and conditions, which may be stated in any correspondence with Sponsor or other travel documents.
- DISQUALIFICATION: If an entrant is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules, then such entrant will be disqualified. If the prize, prize documentation or prize notification is returned as undeliverable or unclaimed, this will result in disqualification. In the event a entrant is deemed ineligible or disqualified for any reason under the provisions of the Official Rules, then an alternate potential winner will be selected via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, if time permits. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver the prize, the prize may not be re-awarded.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS:
Warranty. By posting a video or image in connection with the Sweepstakes, each entrant warrants and represents that the video or image submitted is his/her own original work created and photographed by the entrant and has not been previously published, has not won a previous prize or award, that entrant owns or otherwise controls all of the rights to the video or image (including, without limitation, the rights in any photographs or other content pictured within the video or image) and that the image submitted by entrant does not violate any law, regulation or any right of any third-party, including but not limited to rights of copyright, trademark, publicity and/or privacy.
License. By posting a video or image in connection with the Sweepstakes, each entrant grants Sponsor the right, without limitation, to use the entrant’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, and/or entry in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising or other purposes, and to display the selected video or image in any media now known or hereinafter developed. Entrants further agree to grant to the Sponsor a world-wide, royalty free, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable license to reproduce and use the video or image for any purpose whatsoever without compensation or further permission, including but not limited to an irrevocable and perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right, in all media (now known or later developed) to assign, sub-license, use, publish, edit, adapt, modify, alter, reproduce, distribute, broadcast, display, copyright, create derivative works or otherwise exploit the video or image for commercial or non-commercial use, and without compensation to the entrant. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to Sponsor. This license expressly includes the right (but not the obligation) for Sponsor to modify entries to remove any third party intellectual property.
- SWEEPSTAKES CONDITIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and any other documents required by Sponsor herein and by the decisions of the Sponsor, and to waive any right to claim ambiguity in this Sweepstakes, the Official Rules or any other documents required by Sponsor herein, (b) to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all liability, claims, losses, damages, demands, causes of action, penalties and expenses arising out of or related to any statement, action or failure to act by entrant during or in connection with his/her participation herein and/or any breach or alleged breach of these Official Rules or of any other documents required by Sponsor and, (c) not to sue and to hereby irrevocably and unconditionally release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Instagram, Inc., and their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”), from any and all liabilities, claims and demands of any kind or nature whatsoever, in law or equity, whether known or unknown, which entrant (or entrant’s successors-in-interest, heirs and/or agents) ever had, now have, or in the future may have against the Released Parties, including, but not limited to claims arising out of or related to personal injury (including death) and/or damage, theft, loss or any other harm, including any all harm or death to winner’s dog, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (i) participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes related activity, (ii) the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize, (iii) the use of any of the rights granted herein (including, without limitation, the use and exploitation of the entrant’s entry, name, address [city and state], biographical information, statements, voice, photograph, and/or other likeness), (iv) any malfunction or other problem with any Sweepstakes website or webpage, (v) any error in the collection or retention of entry information, and (vi) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, deleted, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete entries due to system errors or failures or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions; and/or entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system/human errors and failures, or faulty transmissions, or for any problems or technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, or satellite transmissions, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or entries not received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at a website, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunication, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate. Proof of transmission does not constitute proof of entry. The Released Parties are also not responsible for any malfunction of any Sweepstakes website or webpage or error in the collection, processing or retention of entry information.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, AND EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- TERMINATION/SUSPENSION/MODIFICATION OF SWEEPSTAKES: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, fulfillment or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and to select the winner by conducting a random drawing from those eligible entries received up to the time of the termination/suspension. Sponsor may also disqualify or prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize in this or any other promotion conducted by Sponsor if, at its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant has violated the Official Rules or has threatened or is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick-entry programs), or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- DISPUTES: The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of Tennessee, without regard to the conflicts of law provisions. All disputes, claims or demands that relate to these Official Rules will first be brought to the attention of the other party and will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. The receiving party shall have sixty (60) days from the date of such notice to remedy the described breach or violation and notify the complaining party in writing of the resolution. If the dispute, claim or demand is not resolved to the satisfaction of the complainant within 60 days, the complainant may request an informal resolution conference (mediation), which if agreed to by the other party will be scheduled to occur within 21 days of the written response. Each party shall have the right to be represented at such a conference by counsel and will ensure that a decision-maker with full and complete authority to resolve the dispute attends the conference. Such conference will be in front of a third party mediator chosen by the parties. If the parties do not agree to conference or are unable to resolve a dispute after such a conference, the parties agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim or demand related in any way to these Official Rules will be decided by binding arbitration. All disputes between the parties, of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of these Official Rules, shall be submitted to JAMS for binding arbitration under its applicable rules then in effect, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties. The parties agree to share equally in the arbitration costs incurred.
- WINNERS LIST: For a complete list of prize recipients, please contact Sponsor at Mars Petcare US, Inc., 315 Cool Springs Blvd, Franklin, TN 37067 by no later than January 28, 2017.
®/™ Trademarks © Mars, Incorporated 2016. Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or Sponsorship of the Sweepstakes. You are providing your information to the Sponsors and the information you provide will only be used in accordance with the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes.